- It’s been really cold here all week, in a dry and biting way that only the desert in winter seems to be able to achieve. After shivering my way through the week at work wearing insubstantial cardigans, I remembered yesterday in the morning that I own several coats! Out of sight, out of mind…but seriously? What is wrong with me? I was very warm yesterday, wearing a coat, one of five hanging at the back of my wardrobe. Do I need to set a reminder in my calendar at the beginning of next winter…
You own coats…wear them!
- Speaking of forgetting things, this is what I forgot to put in my son’s bag Wednesday night when packing for him to go away for a four day football representative trip:
Yes, that is a pile of socks and jocks…only took me 14 hours after seeing him off at the airport to notice. 🤦♀️
- The Handmaid’s Tale is back with season 3 airing on SBS last night, the first two episodes. I have recorded them to watch over the weekend. I have a complicated relationship with this series. I like to watch it, but two episodes at a time is usually my limit as it’s overwhelmingly grim. I am really hoping it’s the last season. As gripping as it is, I feel it’s been on the verge of becoming too drawn out for a while now. As it is, I’m sick of the two steps forward, eight steps backwards routine they’ve got going on. We’ll see how it goes as the season progresses.
- I have read the most brilliant book this week, Richard Glover’s The Land Before Avocado. Hoping to have a review up early next week, but anyone over 40 will get a kick out of this book. Anyone under 40 will learn a lot. It’s hilarious, horrifying, informative, and above all else, uplifting.
- Caramel M&Ms. These should never have been invented because they are just too delicious. And they don’t even appear to be a limited edition. What’s a person supposed to do?
That’s my week that was…how was your week?